Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions of Sale:
- PAYMENT TERMS - Net 30. One and one half percent/month finance charge after 30 days. Statesville Process Instruments (SPI) Inc welcomes new accounts and will process orders on a C.O.D., credit card or pre-paid basis until an account is
- TAXES - The amount of state taxes charged upon the sale and shipment of materials sold shall be added to the invoice and paid by Buyer, unless a Sales Tax Exemption Number is supplied with the order of
- SHIPMENTS – Most shipments will be made F.O.B. Statesville, N.C. If mode of shipment is not specified by the Buyer, the Seller will select the carrier. Shortage claims must be presented with in seven (7) days after arrival at Buyers destination. UPS / Federal Express shipments are prepaid and added. Truck shipments are freight collect. The maximum uncoiled straight lengths of SPI temperature sensors is 104” if shipped via UPS or Federal Straight lengths over 104” must be specified and will be shipped via truck. In some cases shipments can be made direct from manufacturer to buyer.
- DELIVERY – Delivery is subject to factor availability. All delivery times are valid at time of quote only and subject to change
- SHIPMENT DAMAGES - Damage to shipments beyond the F.O.B. point is the responsibility of the carrier. Shipments should be opened promptly upon receipt and any claim for damage is to be initiated by the purchaser with the carrier. Replacement shipments will be made on a chargeable
- RECALL PROCEDURE - If it comes to our attention that any of our products already shipped were not in compliance with our standards, a recall will be If the affected customers are readily identifiable, direct notices will be sent. All other recalls will be posted on our web site.
- MATERIAL RETURNS - No returns for credit, warranty, repairs, or evaluation will be allowed without prior factory authorization. Write, email or call the factory for a “Received Material Authorization” number, (RMA). You may also directly submit an RMA from our web It is important to clearly state what the item is, original purchase order (PO) number, and the reason the return is desired. Sample materials being sent to the factory for evaluation and quotation purposes must also be assigned an RMA number prior to shipping the materials to SPI or manufacturer. SPI materials returned for repair will be evaluated and repaired when repair is practical, or if not practical, then upon the Buyer¹s consent the item will be replaced with a new unit. Material must be returned within 10 days after receipt if a problem does exist with the shipment.
- PACKAGING - Shipments are normally packed in cardboard boxes with paper Any special packaging you need such as; desiccants, zip lock bags, wooden crates, export, etc. should be specified in your purchase order.
- QUANTITY VARIATION - On insulated wire/cable and heaters seller reserves the right to ship and invoice plus or minus ten percent (10%) of the total amount
- CANCELLATION - On stock items, there will be no cancellation On non-stock items and modified stock items, a cancellation charge may be required depending upon the nature of the order.
- WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - SPI does not warrant any product against damage from corrosion, contamination, misapplication, improper specification or wear and tear and operating conditions beyond SPI¹s SPI Southeast Inc.’s liability for any loss whatsoever, shall not exceed the purchase price paid by the purchaser for the unit or units to which a claim is made. THERE ARE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE GIVEN BY SPI INC. IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE OF ANY GOODS. In no event shall SPI Inc. be liable for consequential, incidental, or special damages. No employee, agent, or representative of SPI Inc. has the authority to bind SPI to any representation or warranty concerning goods or services. Product samples supplied to buyers are for the purpose of evaluating, suitability of materials, and potential use and are not intended to serve as warranted products.
- GENERAL - The terms and conditions of this section are the sole terms and conditions governing any purchase and sales contract entered into between the Buyer and Seller. No modification, addition to, or waiver of any of the terms and conditions hereof will be effective unless agreed to in a writing signed by the Seller which specifically cites this page number in any documents pertaining to exclude these terms and conditions, or part thereof. Any disputes concerning SPI products or services shall be governed by the law of the State of North Carolina, County of All parties to a contract with SPI Inc. stipulate that the contract was made in Iredell County, North Carolina and that venue and jurisdiction for any dispute regarding or arising from such contract(s) are properly maintained in Iredell County, North Carolina. Stenographical and clerical errors in these terms and conditions are subject to correction.